Download Meghalaya Vehicle RC Online: Vehicle RC stands for Vehicle Registration Certificate. It is an official document issued by the government to certify that a vehicle has been registered with the Regional Transport Office (RTO).
It acts as proof of the vehicle’s ownership and contains essential details such as the owner’s name, the vehicle’s make and model, chassis number, engine number, fuel type, registration number, etc. Vehicle RC is mandatory for all types of vehicles and is valid throughout India. It is also required for different purposes such as obtaining vehicle insurance, selling or transferring ownership of the vehicle, availing of loans or financing, and paying road taxes.
Drivers must carry the original or a copy of the Vehicle RC whenever they are driving, and it can be used as a legal ID document in case of any mishap or if asked for by an authorized person.
How to Meghalaya Car & Bike Registration Certificate Download Online in PDF
Sure, I can guide you on how to Download Vehicle RC Online. Just follow these simple steps:
- Visit the official website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India. The website link is https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
- Enter your Vehicle Plate Number and click on Proceed.
- Open Services->Additional Services->Know Your Vehicle Details.
- Enter your Registration Number, Chassis Number, Engine Number and Captcha.
- Enter your mobile number and click on Generate OTP.
- Enter the OTP and hit Submit.
- View, download, and print your RC details.
- If you require an original copy of your RC, you must visit your local RTO. These steps are useful for retrieving your vehicle’s details online from the government database.
That’s it! You have successfully Download Meghalaya Vehicle RC. Please note, the aforementioned steps may vary slightly based on state regulations.
Apply RC Other States Online
|Andhra Pradesh||Arunachal Pradesh|
|Himachal Pradesh||Jammu and Kashmir|
What Do if Meghalaya Vehicle RC is Lost and How to Re Apply
In case the Meghalaya Vehicle RC is lost or stolen, you should take immediate steps to get a duplicate copy. The below-mentioned steps can help you in re-applying for a lost Meghalaya Vehicle RC:
- File an FIR: The first step would be to lodge an FIR (First Information Report) with the police, stating that your vehicle’s RC has been lost.
- Apply for a duplicate copy: Once you have completed the FIR formalities, you can apply for a duplicate Vehicle RC. Visit the closest RTO office, and ask for the form for a duplicate RC. Alternatively, you can also download it from the respective state RTO website.
- Fill and submit the form: Fill up the form with the necessary details, which includes your name, address, vehicle number, details of the lost RC, etc. Attach a copy of the FIR and other required documents such as PAN card, driving license, and insurance certificate.
- Pay the fees: There will be a fee payable for the Duplicate Vehicle RC. Please note the fees and keep the necessary amount ready.
- Verification of documents: The RTO officers will then verify the submitted documents, and once they get satisfied, they will process the request for the duplicate Vehicle RC.
- Collect the Duplicate RC: Once the process of verification is completed, a duplicate Vehicle RC will be issued, and you can collect it from the RTO office concerned.
The documents required and the fees may vary based on the state regulations. It’s advised to check the required documents and fees with the respective state RTO website before applying for a duplicate Vehicle RC. Meghalaya Car & Bike Registration Certificate Download Online
FAQs on Download Meghalaya Vehicle RC Online
Is it mandatory to carry the original Vehicle RC while driving?
Yes, it’s miles obligatory to hold both the authentic or a copy of the Vehicle RC even as driving, as it acts as proof of the car’s registration and ownership.
How long is the validity of a Meghalaya Vehicle RC?
he validity of a Vehicle RC is generally up to 15 years from the date of registration. However, the exact duration of validity may also range based totally on State regulations.
Can a Vehicle RC transfer to a new owner after selling the vehicle?
Yes, it is obligatory to transfer the Vehicle RC to the brand new proprietor after promoting the vehicle, and this wishes to be completed within 14 days of the transaction. It can be transferred by using following the state RTO regulations, and fee of applicable switch charges.
What are the documents required for obtaining a Meghalaya Vehicle RC?
To obtain a Vehicle RC, you will need documents such as the vehicle’s sale invoice, proof of insurance, pollution under control certificate, ID proof, address proof, and others as per the state RTO regulations.
Is the Vehicle RC necessary for taking a motor vehicle loan?
Yes, the Vehicle RC is essential for taking a vehicle loan, as it acts as proof of vehicle ownership and is required for collateral documentation by the lending financial institution.
What should be done in case of errors or changes in the Vehicle RC?
In case of errors or changes required in the Vehicle RC, you have to apply for rectification or modification to the respective RTO office. Forms for rectification or modification are available, and the fees applicable may vary based on the changes required.
conclusion on Download Meghalaya Vehicle RC Online
In , Vehicle RC is a crucial document that certifies the registration of a vehicle with the RTO and acts as proof of ownership of the vehicle. It contains essential details about the vehicle, including the owner’s name, number, make, and model. In case of loss or misplacement of the Vehicle RC, steps to obtain a duplicate copy must be taken without delay, as it is a mandatory document to be carried while driving.
The process of obtaining a duplicate copy differs slightly depending on the state’s regulations. It is important to follow the prescribed steps, gather the necessary documents, and pay the fees to successfully obtain a duplicate copy. Lastly, it is mandatory to keep the Vehicle RC updated with any changes, errors or modifications.